ArcPad 7.2 Beta 1 is open
ArcPad 7.2 Beta 1 program is now open to accept applications at http://beta.esri.com
What’s new in ArcPad 7.2?
• A Fresh new Look! - new modern icons are used in ArcPad 7.2, which allows ArcPad to take advantage of different screen resolutions
• New Open Map Dialog - the open map dialog has been enhanced for easier navigation of map documents
• ArcPad Toolbar Manager - a new graphical interface for creating custom toolbars without the need for ArcPad Studio
• Dynamic Toolbars - the new toolbars take less space on the screen and can be docked wherever you prefer
• Improved GPS User Interface - The GPS can be displayed as either a semi transparent window over your map or as a full screen GPS Dialog
• The ArcPad Data Manager has additional capabilities - You can now use the ArcPad Data Manager to configure an ArcPad Check for repeated future Check Outs and also to publish to ArcGIS Server
• ArcPad Extension for ArcGIS Server - this ArcGIS Server Extensions enables the creation of an ArcPad enabled Map Service will allows data synchronization between ArcPad and the Enterprise GIS
• New geocoding method in StreetMap - This new method uses lookup index to find addresses, which helps to speed up the process of text entry. It now also supports intersection and POI lookup.
More documentation about ArcPad 7.2 is available at the ArcPad 7.2 Beta Wiki site. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please share with us at the ArcPad 7.2 Beta Forum site.
The ArcPad Team
Labels: ArcPad 7.2