The ArcPad Team Blog

Unofficial stuff from the team behind the World's leading mobile GIS platform

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Custom Datum Transformations




We recently got this question on our facebook page:
I try "GPS Activate" in ArcPad 10.0 Build 55. I get an error saying it has 'no transformation from WGS84 to NAD83_CORS96 found'. I would prefer to use NAD83(CORS96) for my coordinate system as it matches the base station. Is there a download I have not found that will support this transformation for ArcPad 10.0?

This transformation is not supported out of the box with ArcPad, but it is possible to set the parameters up for ArcPad using the Datum Configuration Tool.

This tool has two sections and it must be stressed that the two are not mutually exclusive. The two tabs allow users to:
  • Create new/custom datum transformations and/or
  • Set a default transformation when there are many to choose from.

For more information about the tool we blogged about it HERE and the online ArcPad help is HERE.

We also found a couple of external resources that I think you might find helpful: