The ArcPad Team Blog

Unofficial stuff from the team behind the World's leading mobile GIS platform

Friday, October 23, 2009

ArcPad 8.0 Service Pack 2 is available for download

ArcPad 8.0 Service Pack 2 is availble for download at ESRI's support website:

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=downloads.patchesServicePacks.viewPatch&PID=26&MetaID=1570

The service pack addresses some specific issues from the ArcPad 8 Service Pack 1 release. It includes a number of bug fixes and a new developer sample. For a complete list of issues that had been addressed in the service pack, please see the ArcPad 8.0 SP2 Readme file.

The key issue addressed in SP2 is the behavior of the GPS. There is improved performance and frequency of updates to the GPS cursor, GPS panel and GPS position window. Unnecessary flickering of the GPS has been removed.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 22, 2009 7:53:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I need help regarding ArcPad, would you please let me know how can I contact you?!!
    I am a PhD student in GIS and for my thesis I need to send a text message (SMS) from arcpad containing GPS position of the user. I did try a lot but I can not find any useful resources over the web. would you please help me regarding this problem.
    Please contact me via my email: Snadi@ut.ac.ir
    Warm Regards,
    S.Nadi

     
  • At Monday, February 08, 2010 10:38:00 am, Blogger Fritz said…

    Hi guys,
    on ArcPad8sp2 (trial version) on my HTC HD 2 (WM6.5) when I import a geotiff of more than 15Mb and zoom it, the ArcPad crash. I've moved the tiff from the storage card to the HTC's main memory, but no changes; the application crash when I try to zoom the image.
    Someone can tell me if this problem can to be solved?

    All the best, Fritz.

     
  • At Monday, February 08, 2010 12:27:00 pm, Blogger Marika said…

    Hi Fritz
    There SHOULD not be a problem opening and using a 15mb file in ArcPad. Some possible explanations for the behaviour you see are:
    1) there is limited memory availble on your device (i suggest you turn off all unneccesary ArcPad extensions)
    2) the geotiff has particular properties that are not compatible with ArcPad (try a smaller file produced in the the same manner - does it still fail? if it does, that indicates that is something other than size is the problem - please post that smaller sample to the arcpad forum http://forums.esri.com/forums.asp?c=34, or send to tech support for analysis)

    In general, the best raster file format to use in ArcPad are tiff's. For more information refer to the blog entry
    http://arcpadteam.blogspot.com/2006/08/raster-tips-1-choosing-raster-format.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home