ArcPad and Python
- You can now write your applets and customizations in python and take advantage of many of the extra libraries that are available to Python users.
- Supports the ArcGIS implementation of ArcPy.
- If you have ArcGIS installed on the same PC as ArcPad they are already there, or
- Using ArcPad in conjunction with an ArcGIS Runtime license (I currently have this on my laptop).
There is an applet posted on the ArcPad Resources Site that covers the two scenarios mentioned above - ArcPad Python Applet
- You must capitalize objects, methods and Events: Console.Print(Map.Layers.Count)
- You must use the full path to the message box: Application.MessageBox("ArcPad Rocks!")
- If you want to change the style of the message box you must use the index number of the MessageBox constant not the name: Application.MessageBox("ArcPad Rocks!", 0) instead of Application.MessageBox("ArcPad Rocks!", apOkOnly)