New workshop: ArcPad Studio - with Enterprise Management Tricks & Tips
ArcPad Studio - with Enterprise Management Tricks & Tips
We're pleased to announce the first offering of this workshop on January 21-22, 2010 in Portland, Oregon. Additional dates will be announced shortly.
This 2 day class is a must for ArcPad power users and Mobile GIS administrators wanting to maximize the success of their Mobile GIS projects by harnessing the customization capabilities of ArcPad 8.
Day 1: Introduction to ArcPad 8 workflows and ArcPad Studio
- * ArcPad 8 workflows and files.
- * Configuring ArcPad’s base tools and toolbars and arranging them for maximum productivity.
- * Configuring and deploying preferences.
- * Data check out and check in workflows using the ArcPad 8 Data Manager extension.
- * Symbology, colors, labeling, size of datasets and other deployment considerations.
- * Introduction to ArcPad Studio 8.
- * Using ArcPad Studio in “Expert Mode” and troubleshooting AXF files.
- * Creating data entry and query forms using ArcPad Studio 8.
- * Applying “templates” to efficiently re-use custom forms and scripts.
- * Introduction to scripting with the ArcPad object model.
- * Creating applets and custom tools in ArcPad Studio.
- * Automatically populating forms and tables with scripts.
- * Authenticating users with login forms and validating user input.
- * Enhancing forms and tools with scripts using ArcPad Studio and the ArcPad Object Model.
- * Class project – putting it all together to develop and deploy a custom ArcPad 8 application.